Grief Prayer

This is for all those who are going through the grieving process of loosing someone in your life.  God had me write this prayer with my mom to help those who are struggling with grief.  I pray and hope that this will give you peace and understanding through this time of sorrow.

Many blessings,
Jeanne Marie


Prayer for Grieving
By MJ and Jean-Marie

Lord Jesus,
As I come to you this day, thanking You, for all You have done for me.  I appreciate the way You have taken care of my family.  It’s been a blessing to see how You usher us into heaven through their faith in passing.  I am so blessed to have You as my Savior.

I know that Your peace envelops me and helps me through the time of mourning, when missing my loved ones.  As it states in Matthew 5:4, “Blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted.”
I believe that through Jesus’ atoning blood that this has made it possible for me and my family to live with You in Heaven for eternity. 

Until it is my time to join You and my family in Heaven, I will do what You have called me to do. Because there is nothing else that I would rather do than to serve You. For You Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.  (Psalms 18:28)

Every step I’ve taken throughout my life has been guided by your hand and I am so fortunate that You have taken such good care of me. For it says in Isaiah 41:10 ”fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

When I was at my lowest You were there for me, lifted me up and showed me the right path to go.  I will continue listening, so I stay on that right path for the rest of my life.

When I was hurt, felt alone, needed a friend, mourned someone I loved, You have always been there for me.  Because of this anything I must face I know You will be right beside me helping me through any situations that I encounter. I claim Isaiah 43:2 “when you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”  This is my confession throughout the day for You are my protector in the time of the storms.

I walk according to Psalms 23:4-6,  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff comfort me.  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever”.

Lord thank You for being here with me in my times of need.  You’re my comforter and my joy, who is my Best Friend, there is no other that can take that place.  Praise You and thank You for giving me this life.  I will continue to walk in Your grace and forever love.

In Jesus Name I claim these words every day of my life.

AMEN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fullness of God

The Whole Armor of God