Forgiveness & Grace


The forgiveness we need is towards others. As we have received forgiveness of our sins through Christ Jesus, we also need to learn how to forgive others.

In not forgiving others it can eat away at your very soul and can do your body physical harm, this is a known fact. It can also effect your spirit and your walk with God.

Ephesians 4:31 & 32: Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor and evil speaking put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

The first thing you need to work on after becoming a Christian is learning to forgive others, as Jesus has forgiven you. This would include anyone who did you wrong or hurt you in the past. For the Unforgiveness can bring a bitterness, that allows hatred into your life and what you want now after becoming a Christian is to love and let go of all the worldly sorrow. As you see in the scripture above, that there is a lot of bad things that stems out of unforgiveness, yet God will shows us how to take care of this, which is through His Son, Jesus.

Mark 11:25&26: "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."


Our trespasses are our sins, so what Jesus is saying here is that we need to move forgiveness into our hearts, so He is able to forgive us. He also states in Matthew 18:21&22 how many times we need to forgive others.

Matthew 18:21&22: Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven."

Learning to forgive others and letting go of your bitterness is a very hard thing to leave behind, but it is a very important key to leading into the righteousness of God. For with forgiveness comes grace and both make it easier to love others, as Christ loves you.

We learn to forgive primarily through God's Grace!

 God's grace is defined in the dictionary as: 1. the freely given, unmerited favor and love of God. 2. the influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them. 3. a virtue or excellence of divine origin: Christian graces. 4. Also called state of grace. The condition of being in God's favor or one of the elect.

WOW! One of the elect, who has been chosen by God. Yes, we are given a pardon by God for our sins because we have accepted Jesus as the Son of God.

Psalm 45:2: You are fairer than the sons of men; Grace is poured upon Your lips. Therefore God has blessed You forever.

David is speaking of Jesus, the son of God here. Letting those who read this Psalm know that He is the one to bring forth the pardon for our sins. How great is that! This makes us sinners saved by grace! No other way is there into heaven, not by our works, but only through God's grace, as stated in
Romans 11:6: And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.
God has shown us his grace, therefore let us go through this week and think of ways we can be gracious to each other. For God's grace is sufficient for us.


Prayer for Today
Father,

In the name of Jesus, I come before You and I claim this day for You. Guide me into spending more time with You and not letting my prayer time be the only time that I spend with You, in Your presence. I pray that I will glorify You in everything that I do throughout this week. Knowing that You, oh Lord, are my provider and will not fail me. Let me not stray from Your path, but stay on it walking beside You, always.

Lord, Most High God, let Your glory shine through me, so everyone who may come into my path will know that I am a Child of God and they will want what I have, which is You, Lord! Let Your Spirit flow through my most inner being, filling me with Your love, compassion, grace, peace, and utmost care for my fellow man, as well as, myself. I ask that You to help me let go of any unforgiveness and to learn to forgive anyone who tries to hurt me. For in knowing that You have forgiven me, should be a reminder to me to always forgive others.

Lord, let me be a witness to everyone that I meet, that the seed will be planted, and they will want to come to know Your salvation, through Jesus, Your Son.

I will serve You wholeheartedly and forever be Your faithful and gracious servant.

AMEN



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fullness of God

The Whole Armor of God